Up for an early morning walk and thought I'd snap a few of the sights along the way. Nothing out of the ordinary, but all beauty in its own way. My neighborhood consists of only one street with a cul-de-sac at the end. I live at one end, so I normally walk to the other end and back, which is about 1½ miles. Just enough for me!
There's always something colorful blooming. I love seeing my neighbor's flowers and getting fresh gardening ideas from their landscapes!
![]() |
| This "knock-out" rose hedge is one of my favorite gardens in the neighborhood. |
![]() |
| Lots of lantana by a brick driveway marker. |
![]() |
| Newspapers still lying in the driveways....is it too early? |
I enjoyed a wide variety of Halloween decorations:
And some fun garden sculpture (this one makes me smile every time I pass it):
There's some construction in the neighborhood, which brings its own kind of lawn decoration:
The drought has been hard on lots of trees in the neighborhood. It's sad to see lots of big old oak and pine trees lost.
But despite all the stressed out trees and plants, I could still smell the fresh, sweet smell of the Sweet Olive trees blooming. There must be several in the neighborhood (two in my own yard) and they fill the air with the most heavenly fragrance imaginable -- keeps me taking deep breaths throughout the length of my walk.
And then, I'm home and that overpowering aroma of fresh coffee takes over!
Mmmmmmm......Fall is a beautiful time of year.














1 comment:
Sounds like a nice morning!
Post a Comment