I like music of all kinds....pop, country, R&B, (very little) hip-hop, classical, and even opera!! So today, I was listening to some 'oldies' as I was doing some housecleaning. When I heard this song, I had to laugh. This was a popular song back in my day, and I can remember singing along with it on the radio. (REALLY???!!) I guess if it weren't from a Broadway musical, it would make absolutely no sense at all!
Now I can't even read the lyrics without laughing. Doesn't it just make you want to sing the song....or...song the sing....or maybe turn on a really loud vacuum cleaner?!
"Good Morning Starshine", by Oliver
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh............
La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la ................
Good mornin' starshine, the earth says hello
You twinkle above us
We twinkle below
Good mornin' starshine, You lead us along
My love and me as we sing
our early mornin' singin' song
Glibby gloop gloopy Nibby Nabby Noopy La La La Lo Lo
Sabba Sibby Sabba Nooby abba Nabba Le Le Lo Lo
Tooby ooby walla nooby abba nabba
Early mornin' singin' song
Good mornin' starshine
There's love in your skies
reflecting the sunlight
in my lovers eyes
Good mornin' starshine, so happy to be
my love and me as we sing
our early mornin' singin' song
Glibby gloop gloopy Nibby Nabby Noopy La La La Lo Lo
Sabba sibby sabba nooby abba nabba Le Le Lo Lo
Tooby ooby walla Nooby abba nabba
Early mornin' singin' song
Can you hear me?
Singin' a song, hummin' a song, singin' a song
Lovin' a song, laughin' a song, singin' the song
Sing the song, song the sing
song song song sing, sing sing sing song
Long long long ling, ling ling ling long
Sing sing a song sing a song
yah, you can sing sing song sing a song
Sing sing a song, sing a song
Sing..........

2 comments:
I think Snoop Dogg did a remake of that one...
"Glizzle gloop gloopy Nizzle Nizzle Noopy Lizzle Lizzle Lizzle Lo Lo Sizzle sizzle sizzle nooby abbizzle nizzle Lizzle Lizzle Lo Lo Tooby ooby wizzle Nooby abbizzle nizzle mornizzle sizzle song"
If I remember correctly.
At least the nonsense lyrics weren't offensive as some are today!!!! Dumb lyrics get my vote...then there is the classic dumb song from our day...Muskrat Love!"
Post a Comment