I enjoyed making the last apron so much, I couldn't help thinking of a way to make another one! This time, I used an old cotton sleeveless blouse. (Before long I'll have a closet full of aprons and no clothes to wear!!) The blouse already had some embroidered embellishment around the neckline, and some open stitching around the bottom, so I tried to incorporate those things into my 'new' apron. I cut the back out of the blouse, leaving the embroidered neck trim...which became the neck strap for the apron.
When I cut the open stitching off of the bottom edge of the front of the blouse to make the apron bib, I used it across the waistline of the apron to attach the skirt (which was made from the back of the blouse.) I wanted to gather the skirt, but the blouse didn't have enough width to be able to do that, so I had to make it straight. I think it would've been cuter if it had been gathered. I also didn't have enough extra fabric from the blouse to be able to make waist ties, so I bought some red grosgrain ribbon to use for ties. That cost a total of 65¢!The finished apron turned out ok, considering I didn't have enough fabric to do what I wanted to do, but I wasn't as happy with this one as I was with the one made from the capri pants.
I guess my favorite part of this project was trying out my new embroidery machine for the first time!! Since the apron was red, I decided to do a Christmas motif on the front. This was an embroidery design that was already loaded onto my machine, so I tried it out to see if I could actually do it! (This one was pretty easy, thank goodness.)
Now -- with a stack of old clothes and a new embroidery machine -- woohoo -- look out!!



3 comments:
How cute that is!!! What kind of embroidery machine did you get?
Thanks, Carol! I got a Baby Lock ellure Plus. It's gonna take me a long time to figure out what it will do!
Cool apron. . . and the new embroidery machine! Can't wait to try it out! Maybe next week. . . .
Post a Comment